Climbing Mount Triglav from Pokljuka Plateau
Pokljuka plateau – Planika Hut – Triglav
One of the most beautiful and easiest approaches to Triglav. A walk through the largest forest plateau in the Triglav National Park with wonderful views of the Bohinj valley and the surrounding mountains enlarges the last part, which also includes easy climb on ferrata.
- Starting point: The end of the road on Pokljuka (1340 m)
- Altitude difference: 1650 m
- Recommended equipment: helmet, self-loading Via Ferrata kit
- Duration: 2 days
- Walking time: 6 h/ day
- Difficulty: a very difficult marked way
Prices (All inclusive!):
- 249 EUR/ PERSON (at 3 people in the group booking)
- 299 EUR/ PERSON (at 2 people in the group booking)
- 349 EUR/ PERSON (at 1 people in the group booking)
- A professional English speaking local guide with good knowledge of Slovenian history, natural and cultural heritage and hiking trails
- Mountain hut accommodation with breakfast and dinner
- Transfer from Bled or Bohinj to starting point and back
- On the tour max 4 people in the group, please ask for a private tour if you want it
Meeting with a guide and transfer from your accommodation to the starting point.
Start of the tour at Pokljuka plateau, forested karst plateau at an elevation of 1,400 meters. Pleasant climb through the beautiful forest of high spruce trees to Planina cheese dairy on Konjščica mountain pasture (30 min).
Continue along the path through the pines to Jezerca valley in the very heart of Triglav National Park and further along the stream to Studorski pass (1892 m). Break to gain the energy back with a wonderful view of Bohinj mountains. (1h 30 min)
Continue on a gentle, comfortable path under the high peaks of Tosc and Veliki Draški vrh with breathtaking views all along the way to Vodnik hut (1817 m). Taste traditional Slovenian mountain lunch. (1h 30 min)
After the break slow ascent on a more rocky terrain towards Planika hut. Trail gets steeper and at some points, we will help ourselves with cables for easier progression. Enjoy the change of the scenery as you will come from a green forestry world to a mystic high mountain one and have a glimpse of the summit. Have some rest at Konj pass and slowly climb on a rocky and steep, but easy to follow the trail towards the hut. (2h 30 min)
Rich Slovenian dinner at lovely Planika hut on 2400 m and overnight in a cozy dorm.
Next day early in the morning, after breakfast, gradually climb up towards the summit. This is the most demanding part of the climb, but with a professional guidance and a proper equipment, you will be completely safe. You will get via ferrata kits (lanyard, helmet, and a harness) and ascend in a company of your guide will be a memorable experience. Along the way, there are cables and pitons for easier progression. First, we reach Mali Triglav peak and then continue on the ridge with unforgettable views towards the bigger brother, Mt. Triglav (2864m). Once on the highest Slovenian mountain, you will enjoy amazing views around you. (2h)
After a break slowly descends on the same trail down to Pokljuka plateau. (4h)