Mount Triglav Climb from Krma Valley
Krma Valley – Kredarica Hut – Triglav
Experience the highest peak of Slovenia by one of the most popular and easy routes. We are constantly accompanied by wonderful views of the surrounding mountains. The highlight is a rise to the top of Triglav, which is technically more demanding, but accompanied by an experienced guide is a delicacy.
- Starting point: Dolina Krma (930 m)
- Altitude difference: 1934 m
- Recommended equipment: helmet, self-loading Via Ferrata kit
- Duration: 2 days
- Walking time: 6 h/ day
- Difficulty: a very difficult marked way
Prices (All inclusive!):
- 249 EUR/ PERSON (at 3 people in the group booking)
- 299 EUR/ PERSON (at 2 people in the group booking)
- 349 EUR/ PERSON (at 1 people in the group booking)
- A professional English speaking local guide with good knowledge of Slovenian history, natural and cultural heritage and hiking trails
- Mountain hut accommodation with breakfast and dinner
- Transfer from Bled or Bohinj to starting point and back
- On the tour max 4 people in the group, please ask for a private tour if you want it
Meeting with a guide and transfer from your accommodation to the starting point.
Start of the tour in picturesque Krma alpine glacial valley at an elevation of 930m in Triglav National Park. A pleasant walk through a forest to a nice grassy Vrtača plain (1430 m), from where some nice views will open. Continue on a comfortable path over grassy fields to a shepherd’s hut on Upper Krma mountain pasture. Time for a short break. (2h 30 min)
Start of a steeper part of an ascent and more rocky terrain. Enjoy the change of the scenery as you will come from a green forestry world to a mystic high mountain one and have a glimpse of the summit. Continue climbing towards the highest lying Slovenian mountain hut named Triglav hut at Kredarica plateau on 2515 m. (2h 30 min)
Stop for a proper Slovenian mountain lunch to gain the energy back and get some rest. After break gradually climbs up towards the summit. This is the most demanding part of the climb, but with a professional guidance and a proper equipment, you will be completely safe. You will get via ferrata kits (lanyard, helmet, and a harness) and be ascending in a company of your guide will be a memorable experience. Along the way, there are cables and pitons for easier progression. First, we reach Mali Triglav peak and then continue on the ridge with unforgettable views towards the bigger brother, Mt. Triglav (2864m). Once on the highest Slovenian mountain, you will enjoy amazing views around you. (2h)
A slow descent down to the Triglav hut. Dinner at the hut and overnight in a cozy dorm.
Next day in the morning starts descending down to the valley. (4h)