1 day hike from Vogel ski resort to Komna plateau
Panoramic hike below the old Rapall border
Spend your day hiking in Triglav National Park on a panoramic trail from Vogel ski resort to Komna mountain plateau. Enjoy in amazing views of the Julian Alps, our highest mountain, Mt. Triglav and Bohinj Lake. Hike below the ridge, where an old Yugoslavian Rapall border used to go and on your way see some old border stones and military ruins. Enjoy in rich mountain flora and see some mountain animals, like wild mountain goats, eagles, and marmots. At the end of the hike visit waterfall Savica, the spring of river Sava or refresh yourself with a jump to crystal clear Bohinj Lake.
- Duration: 7-8 hrs
- Difficulty: easy to moderate
- Circle route
Description of the hike:
You will start near Bohinj lake. First, you will go with a cable car up to Vogel ski resort on 1550 m. This is the best viewpoint in the region, you can see the highest Slovenian mountain Mt Triglav from there and beautiful Bohinj lake below. The view over the Julian Alps is magnificent in good weather. From there you will continue first on a comfortable path through the forest and then gradually climb to the saddle on 1800 m. From there you descend to mountain hut Komna. On the way, you will have nice views over the lake and mountains around you and you will see border stones and some military ruins. At the hut you can try traditional Slovenian mountain lunch and then descend to 78 m tall Savica waterfall, the spring of river Sava Bohinjka.
- 75 EUR/ PERSON (at 4 people in the group)
- 90 EUR/ PER PERSON (at 3 people in the group)
- 120 EUR/ PERSON (at 2 people in the group)
- 220 EUR/ PERSON (at 1 people in the group)
- A professional English speaking local guide with good knowledge of Slovenian history, natural and cultural heritage and hiking trails
- transfer from Bled or Bohinj to starting point and back
- cable car 20€ per person
- possible lunch in Komna Mountain Hut